Everyone seems to be loving review board. Here’s some of the crazy stuff that’s happened this last couple weeks:
- For about a day, a link was featured prominently on programming.reddit.com and somewhat less prominently on reddit’s main page. Unfortunately, Christian’s blog entry was inaccessible for some of this time, because the traffic took down his web server!
- On June 1, we were PythonWare’s (the authors of the ubiquitous Python Imaging Library) Daily Python URL.
- Patrick Farrell wrote an LDAP authentication backend to integrate with his environment.
- Robin Ericsson has been working on a CVS repository backend.
- We’ve had 91 bugs and feature requests filed so far (a few of those were pre-announcement) and a whopping 67 of those are fixed and closed.
- We’ve gathered a lot of google juice. Haven’t quite stolen the top spot yet.
- Christian registered http://review-board.org, and set up a super-cute web site and a demo server (since inviting people to look at our production server was a big mistake).
Here’s what some folks using the system are saying:
Review Board is so awesome it brings tears to my eyes. We’ve been needing this so badly for so long, and now it’s here and it’s better than my wildest dreams! Thank you so much! Also, thanks for making it free!
Just so you know, the people in my team that use ReviewBoard are loving it! Thank you!
These two emails have had us glowing like proud grandmothers. Who says open source is a thankless job?